Showing all 2 results
Recertified Used AED Devices
We carry recertified AEDs from top FDA-approved manufacturers. These pre-owned and lightly used automated external defibrillators offer the same quality and dependability as our new inventory, but at an even lower price.
Every Recertified AED in our Re-New® Series Is Guaranteed
You can buy used AEDs from us with confidence knowing that each device in our inventory comes with a minimum 3-year warranty, guaranteed. Most resellers only offer protection for one year or less, but we are able to offer much greater peace of mind. We only recertify lightly used AEDs, all of which are subjected to rigorous testing.
Our 9-Point AED Recertification Process
When purchasing a recertified AED, it’s important to research the provider’s recertification procedure, as this can vary greatly from one seller to the next.
AED Leader uses one of the most thorough recertification processes in the industry. Our 9-Point Recertification Process is designed to ensure that each pre-owned AED leaves our warehouse in the same condition as when it originally left the factory.
- First, the unit is thoroughly tested using a Fluke Impulse 7000 defibrillator analyzer. We use this industry-leading device to simulate a shockable rhythm, ensuring that the joule output is compliant with FDA guidelines.
- We record and document the performance record of the AED using both paper and digital media.
- We equip the AED with new pads and a new battery, all of which have the maximum expiration length.
- We upgrade the AED to ensure compliance with the most recent AHA guidelines.
- We clean and sanitize the unit and perform a complete digital inspection. If necessary, we replace additional components such as the lid, case, or first responder kit.
- We test the internal circuitry to ensure that it’s fully intact and capable of carrying out periodic self-tests after leaving our warehouse.
- We meticulously pack and ship the AED, following all requirements and best practices for shipping medical devices.
- We record and archive the expiration dates of the pads and batteries, ensuring that we’re able to provide you with 60- and 30-day expiration notifications when the time comes.
- We follow up with all EMS and FDA compliance requirements, submitting tracking information and providing the appropriate notifications to the manufacturer so that you can be notified in the event of a recall or other alert.
Are Recertified AEDs Good?
Recertified AEDs are just as good at helping cardiac arrest victims. Make sure to purchase used AEDs that come with a multi-year warranty (such as ours).
Why Are Used AEDs Traded In?
Most of the used AEDs in our inventory are lightly used or unused. There are a number of reasons why organizations trade in their AEDs. For instance:
- Large organizations will sometimes trade in all of their AEDs to ensure that every facility has the same model. This enables the company to streamline its training and supply replenishment.
- Customers will often trade in their AED for a model that better suits their needs. For example, a user may decide that they need an AED with audible cues for easier operation.
- Our leasing programs often allow clients to upgrade their AED upon lease renewal. As a result, a lightly used AED may be traded for the upgraded model.
Order Used AEDs From a Trusted Source
AED Leader is the nation’s #1 supplier of automated external defibrillators. We stock top-rated defibrillators from all 6 FDA-approved manufacturers, and our customer support is unrivaled. We guarantee the lowest price for a full year, and we offer free delivery on all orders over $99. Browse our full selection of recertified AEDs, and order yours today.
Wholesale pricing available for large quantity orders. Please inquire on our wholesale AED page.